As you will know by now I like doing things complicated and like designing stuff. Here again I calculated what is the most economic thing to do (as this is not my occupation I dont give a darn what amount of time I spent doing it):
Both materials are expensive but the most economical was the lather. Ok I admit, I had give it a shot anyway because I liked the challenge of it and it looked like the most fun to do.
Did it turn out ok?
Well it was a hell of work, it was challenging, precision was the key. I had to make dowel pins and pockets so the multiple pieces that forms the Articulated mould will fit perfectly together. The master is plain so I needed a core to make things hollow, I made a mould for that too. The master is not provided with an index to take the hull parts I had to take that in the design too. But I think It turned out ok.
Will it work?
I dont know, I will see in a later stage if it works , if it does not.....we had fun anyway.
Below, dowel pins and pockets (clearance between them is 0.02 mm) I think I made close to 50 pc of them know....and counting.
An overview of all the parts of the articulated mould.
Core mould, with integrated dummy index lips
Core mould end plate, after casting it will become one with the core and fitted on the mould masters to make the cast of the part hollow.
The articulated core mould in different stages of assembly
the articulated master mould assembly
Core mould end plate, after casting it will become one with the caliber and fitted on the mould masters to make the cast of the part hollow.
Base plate fitted to one of the master halves